The NCLT professional development plan is based
on both the National Science Standards and current research. Successful
professional development requires: (a) learning essential science
content through the perspectives and methods of inquiry; (b) integrating
knowledge of science, learning, pedagogy and students, and applying
that knowledge to teaching; (c) building understanding and ability
for lifelong learning; and (d) a coherent and integrated program.
The NCLT Professional Development experience is designed with the
In the archives you will find the
2005 and 2006 Summer PD Workshop schedules from each location. The
2008-2009 Workshop Schedule and downloadable application form are
available in the box (at right).
- to provide 7-12 Grade science teachers with an enhanced understanding
- to introduce teachers to inquiry-based methods for teaching
- to provide 7-12 Grade science teachers with a collection of
suitable classroom activities;
- to assist teachers in developing their own nanoscience activities
and projects for classroom use;
- to enhance teachers’ awareness of the connections between
nanoscience and the traditional sciences of chemistry, physics,
biology, earth science, and mathematics.